Shipping used to be reasonably fast and in a case with DHL a bit faster than usual. All of that has changed with DHL Express. As you may know already, it is all about speed and delivering a letter or a parcel as quickly as possible. The service literally uses acronym ASAP to the fullest. Below, we will discuss DHL Express, what is it, its advantages and so much more you need to know.
What is DHL Express?
DHL Express is the fastest possible parcel delivery you can get at the moment. It is so fast that massive companies have been using it for high-importance parcels for quite some time. Now you can use it as well. At first sight, service looks like any other. You contact DHL, a courier will pick up the parcel and deliver it. However, there are a few more possibilities with this particular service.
DHL Express comes in 3 different options. As a user, you can pick the one that matches your desire the most. Below, you can see the main elements and the main characteristics of each one.
Important: DHL Express 9:00 is actually up to 10:30 in the United States.
|Service/requirement||DHL Express Worldwide||DHL Express 12:00||DHL Express 9:00|
|Basics||Delivery to another country the next day||Delivery to the same country before noon the next day||Delivery up to 9 am on the first business, possible day.|
|Possible delivery attempt||2||2||2|
|Max. allowed parcel weight||150 pounds||150 pounds||66 pounds|
|Max size||118 x 48 x 63 in.||47.2 x 31.5 x 31.5 in.||47.2 x 31.5 x 31.5 in.|
|Max weight of shipment||6600 pounds||660 pounds||660 pounds|
|Pallet weight max||660 pounds||Not accepted||Not accepted|
We must mention another service called DHL Sameday Sprintline. It has the same requirements as the DHL Express 9:00 but the delivery is on the same day. This is possible in most countries and for most international deliveries.
All of these services are paired with additional possibility known as DHL On Demand Delivery. It is a mobile-friendly platform where users can keep track of the shipments, find, collect, or even reschedule the service. It is very easy to use and works with all parcels and all packages.
Main advantages of DHL Express
DHL Express is an amazing service that comes with its own advantages, benefits, and more. All of those will be explained below.
1. DHL Express covers over 220 countries and has over 500.000 employees working around the clock to deliver your packages.
2. The fleet specifically used by DHL Express uses 40.000+ vehicles, 250 aircrafts, and also 100.000 specially trained personnel.
3. DHL Express is already well-known and highly rated by business owners.
4. Most packages can be delivered on the next business day. This applies to all major cities and locations. It may apply to international shipping as well.
5. DHL Express is extremely easy to use and comes without complicated steps, processes, or anything else.
6. DHL On Demand Delivery allows you to track the shipments, reschedule, arrange pick up and more.
7. Users can create multiple labels, can use various components, and also use dedicated support at any given moment.
8. Only the most professional and those with most experience employees work with DHL Express.
9. Users can insure their packages with various insurance types useful for parcels of high value.
10. For most shipments, a courier will pick up the package, travel with it, and deliver it to the desired destination.
11. DHL Express is reliable, cares of your parcels, and offers money-back guarantee to all of the parcels.
12. DHL Express has its own aircraft used for delivering packages that are not shared with other services.
13. Over 80% of the world is covered with the service and delivery is possible in most parts of the world on the next business day.
Main features of DHL Express
By now you should know that DHL Express isn’t an ordinary service and we can even call it special. What this means is that there are plenty of features to offer and explain. We have decided to provide you with the main features below, the ones you are likely to use, and the ones you will want to know about before using the DHL Express for the first time.
DHL Express surcharges
DHL Express offers affordable and appealing pricing. Check out the table for more information and the specifics regarding the service and the costs
|Surcharge||Method of payment||Cost in $|
|ID8000 consumer goods||Shipment||23|
|Fuel Surcharge||Shipment||Per %|
|Lithium-Ion Batteries Section II||Shipment||110|
|Piece over the max weight||Piece||89|
|Remote location||Weight||0.40 per pound|
|Banned or restricted destination||Shipment||30|
|Optional service cost||Method of payment||Cost in $|
|Change of billing||Per invoice||17|
|Direct Signature||Per shipment||5.25|
|Duties and Taxes Paid (DTP)||Per shipment||15.00|
|Extended Liability||Per shipment||4 per 400|
|Go Green Carbon Estimate Report Per 12-month period||12 month||500|
|Go Green Carbon Footprint Report||12 month||1000|
|Go Green Climate Neutral||Shipment weight||0.06 per pound|
|Importer of Record||Shipment||15|
|Pickup Service per month||Month||60|
|Non-Standard Pickup||Pickup stop||4.40|
|Printed Invoice||Paper invoice||3|
|Saturday Delivery of package or its Pickup||Shipment||46|
|Preparing the shipment||Shipment||20|
|Value Protection for shipments||Shipment value||1.04 per coverage of 100|
The final word
If you want to ship and deliver your packages as quickly as possible, now you can use DHL Express. This is the fastest service of this kind and the one that will make your clients happy, help you with your business and so much more. It is also affordable, available across the world and comes paired with ShipSaving which can also help you save more, help you with proper invoices, warehouse management and so much more.